In a Utopian world, hatred is a myth; concordance is a way of life; and the fountain of youth provides in abundance. But on earth, things aren't as dandy. While such a state of being is the stuff of imagination and dreams, we can still have our morsels of Utopian bliss wherever the pieces fit.
For the Big-Hearted
For the Suave
Do black-tie events crowd your social calendar? Is it something you look forward to like an eager child? Some people really know how to party with elan.
If you're the sort who loves sophisticated affairs, that reel in intellectual conversations over bubbly and beautiful entrées, then this birthday can embody that theme. Send everyone you know a formal invite, stressing on the fact that it is a black-tie birthday affair.
For the Busy Bee
Has it been a while since you've taken a vacation with the family? Working so hard, you don't have time to catch your breath? Then you need to seriously slow down. Overworking yourself is just going to put your body under persistent stress - it isn't good for you.
There are a lot of reasonably-priced vacation spots around the globe, so do a little digging and find a place that falls within your budget. Consider destination packages for Bangkok, Bali, Egypt, Mexico, or Peru.
For the Exotic
If home is where your heart is, then go ahead and stick to the familiar. But instead of having your birthday close to home, venture a little further away like to a different state. It doesn't have to be really far away, but a place that you can drive down to.
These are just some of the best beach restaurants:
- Mozambique Restaurant and Asada(Laguna Beach, California)
- Chill on Tedder and Provincial Restaurant (Main Beach - Queensland, Australia)
- Cary Arms (Beach Road - Babbacombe, UK)
- Ju-Ju's (Mount Steadfast - St. James, Barbados)
- Moonshadows (Malibu, United States)
- WestBeach Bar and Restaurant (Pier Approach - Bournemouth, UK)
- Margaritaville (Pensacola Beach, United States)
- The Star of Greece (Port Willunga, Australia)
- Fifteen Cornwall (On the Beach - Watergate Bay, UK)
- Flora-Bama Lounge (Florida, United States)
- Thai Gulf (Huntington Beach, CA)
For the Weekender
It doesn't have to be an exotic place, but the kind that you can consider returning to. Check out websites like Virtual Tourist and Villas of Distinction for ideas of where to go, where trusted reviews from visitors can help. Since it's just a two-day weekend getaway, you can keep it small and fuss-free.
With these 40th birthday party ideas, you'll spend quality time with those that mean the world to you and have the time of your life. With a little bit of early planning and researching, you'll have the sort of birthday that blows away the blues.