"Dear Simon, Many many happy returns of the day!" or "Dear Ted, Wish you a very happy birthday!"... writing these same old sentences on a birthday card again and again has become monotonous. If the writers themselves find it to be so boring, try to put yourself in the shoes of the person whose birthday it is, who has to read the same lines again and again .... Boring! What we need is something fresh and new, basically innovative birthday quotes that will make the person feel special. This is what we all think before we start writing on the card, but when it comes to penning our thoughts on paper, we become blank. After scratching your head for time, all you can come up with is "Hey Susan, Happy birthday!!! Enjoy!!!!!". Don't worry though, as we all do the same thing. I can't remember on how many cards I have written the same thing over and over again. It's when you are at the receiving end that you realize we do need some unique birthday sayings.
If you are looking for some sayings, something that will impress the girl (or guy) you like in class, something that will make the card more special, then given below are some of the sayings that you can use.
- Hope all that you do turns out happy for you,
And all that you wish, comes your way.
So each hour will bring every wonderful thing,
You could ask of a wonderful day.
- Forget about the yesterday, you can't change it.
Forget about the tomorrow, you can't predict it.
Think about today that you can get it,
Enjoy your today on your birthday.
- The four beautiful thoughts of life:
- Look back and get experience
- Look forward and see hope
- Look around and find reality
- Look within and find yourself.
- A greeting to you, for a very happy day.
And then a year that brings the best, of everything your way.
Enjoy the special day!
- From morning till night, let your birthday be bright,
And nicer than ever before.
As years come and go, may your happiness grow,
And your dream be fulfilled even more.
Happy birthday to you!
- The candle on the cake may not last long,
But may the smile on your face lasts forever.
18th and 21st Birthday Sayings
The 18th and 21st birthdays are special days for many people. This is the day that we become adults. On this day, we love to receive cards with not just Happy birthday written on it, but something special, something that we will remember forever.
- "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." ― Einstein
- "Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time." ― Jean Paul Richter
- "At 19, everything is possible and tomorrow looks friendly." ― Jim Bishop
- "You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake." ― Bob Hope
- "Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live." ― Larry Lorenzoni
- "Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever." ― Mahatma Gandhi
- "Live as long as you may. The first twenty years are the longest half of your life." ― Robert Southey
- "Finally 21, and legally able to do everything you've been doing since you were 15!" ― Anonymous
Did you like these 18th and 21st birthday quotes? Besides this, I am sure many of your friends and family members would love to receive cards with some funny sayings, something that they would treasure for long, something that they would cherish, that will make them and others laugh, and remind them of you whenever they see it. After all, you can always do with some funny birthday wishes for friends.
- Hope you are a year wiser and not just a year older. Happy birthday!
- "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional." ― Chili Davis
- My golden words for your birthday ― "Smile while you still have teeth!"
- Time and tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty.
- "Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." ― Jack Benny
- A birthday is just the first day of another 365 day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.