Quick TipRemember to sign all those thank you notes to be sent out to your guests who made your party memorable.
A quinceañera party is one event that parents and godparents look forward to, and families prepare for many years. However, despite the extensive amount of planning and preparation, hosting a quinceañera seems like a herculean task. And it is definitely not surprising, because a perfect quinceañera party involves meticulous planning and execution to the last detail.
To make matters easier, we have compiled the perfect checklist for your party, and some pointers that you must remember. This detailed plan will save you the expense of hiring a party planner. Make this day for your little princess extremely special by going over every intricate detail yourself.
So, without further ado, let's take a look at some of the important items to consider that are followed by this detailed printable checklist.
1 Year in Advance
- Fix a date
- Book a church
- Talk to your priest and check his availability
- Fix the reception venue
- Decide the budget
- Decide the sponsors
- Decide a caterer if the venue does not offer one
- Make a preliminary guest list
- Decide the photographer and book one in advance
- Have a transportation plan for friends and family from the church to the reception venue
9 Months Before
- Decide the Court of Honor
- Start your dance lessons
- Determine the dances and choreographies
- Decide the theme for your party
- Start researching bakers for the cake
- Talk to the caterers and decide the menu
- Get your hotel bookings done for your guests
- Fix the Damas and Chambelanes for your Court
- Start designing or shopping for your dress
- Decide the final guest list
- Get the estimate from the florists
- Decide the kind of decorations you would like to have
6 Months Before
- Choose the invitation designs
- Plan your party favors in advance to save last-minute expenses
- Select the decorations
- Perfect your dance choreographies
- Fix a designer who will be doing your dress
- If you plan to buy the dress, buy one now
- Go for cake tasting and finalize the flavor
3 Months Before
- Finalize the guest list
- Get in touch with all your vendors to finalize all requirements
- Call for a meet with your designer to try out your dress
- Arrange for a rehearsal at the Court
- Order your invitations
2 Months Before
- Send out the invitations
- Verify all the details with your vendors
- Make your list of songs and choose a DJ
- Book a professional makeup artist
- Get a makeup trial
- Sign your contract with the photographer
- Begin dance rehearsals at the venue
- Buy all the favors
1 Month Before
- Check your dress fitting for any alterations
- Make your appointments at the salon
- Arrange for a photoshoot with your family in the dress
- Get in touch with guests who haven't replied, and ask them one last time
- Start wrapping all your favors
- Give the caterer a final headcount of guests
- Make sure your dress fits perfectly
- Organize the jewelry that you will be wearing on the day of the party
1 Week Before
- Get yourself a manicure and pedicure
- Get a face clean
- Sleep well all week to look fresh
- Try your dress once again to finalize the fit
Day After the Party
- Send out thank you notes to all your guests
Important Tips to Remember While Planning a Quinceañera Party
This is the most important task in planning a party. Decide your budget to know the scope of your planning. If the need arises, find yourself a sponsor or talk to your child's godparents, if they are willing to contribute. The remaining tasks of planning a party will depend entirely on how much you are willing to spend.
Yes! The gorgeous flowing dress, right out of your daughter's dream, will remain the focal point of this party. If you plan to customize her dress, then pick a recommended designer. Select the fabrics well in advance, take your trials in time, and get the alterations done at least a week before the party.
Finalize your guest list at least a month in advance. In case some of the invitees haven't responded, get in touch with them and know their intent. This way you will be able to give the caterers the exact headcount of the guests. Exact or near approximate headcount will be of great help in deciding the rentals, buying favors, and arranging for the drinks too.
Book your caterers at least 4-5 months before the party. Ask them for a pilot dinner so that you can taste the food, and if required, change the menu accordingly. This way, you can also demand for taste alterations to suit yours.
Picking or deciding a suitable venue can be really difficult, especially during the wedding seasons. In case your quinceañera party date falls during the wedding season, start looking for a suitable venue at least a year in advance. Once you have finalized a venue, you can decide on the theme, decorations, and rentals if required.
Although planning a quinceañera party sounds easy, executing the plan is quite a challenge. Hope with this checklist, your planning will be done to absolute perfection.