A birthday is always special. And especially a 21st birthday for a guy. He can finally do a lot of things (legally) that he could not. It is his day of being all grown up and proclaiming this to the world. So making this day special for him is like a responsibility for his friends. Here, you'll get some ideas to make your buddy's 21st birthday a day to remember! What we're going to do is, go step by step in planning the entire birthday party, so that you have a solid outline chalked out. Right from the party themes, to the food that can make the party a hit!
This is the first step in deciding how the party is going to take place. Even if you don't have a specific theme, it's fine, but it's just more fun when you have one. And that's really what a party is all about, isn't it? You can choose one from the following:
- 21 - The Movie
- Beer Fest (don't drive back home after this one)
- A popular video game
- Football or a sport that all of you enjoy
- A specific country
Once you've decided on the theme, you can begin with the rest of the planning very quickly. The first thing to plan is the invitations. This is a no-brainier. It's obvious that you must go for invitations according to the theme. It is a little extra effort to make your own birthday invitations, but trust me, it will be worth the effort. Make them, and distribute them among all his friends well in advance, so that they have time to prepare according to the theme of the party.
Food is another important part of planning the birthday party. Food encompasses the main course you'll be serving, and of course the birthday cake! Here are some ideas that you can try out.
Now let's move on to the birthday presents. There is such a wide range of gift ideas, that you'll get thoroughly confused.
- Personalized Gifts: Photo albums, scrapbook, beer or coffee mug, key ring, hip flask, etc.
- Gadgets: Boys are always happy with some electronic gadgets. Get him the latest cell phone that he's wanted, or some great PSP games, or a PSP if he does not already have one. Car accessories are another good option.
- Letters: Get all the friends attending the party to write down birthday messages for the birthday boy. Compile a book of these, get it printed and bound, throw in a couple of self prepared, ridiculous birthday poems in it, and have the birthday boy read them out at his party.