"21 is that magical age when suddenly all the things your parents taught you, whether you wanted to learn them or not, starts to look like pretty good information." Whoever said this was spot-on, don’t you think? If you’re turning the big 2-1 or know someone who is, here’s a plan to make the day a truly memorable one!
A birthday is always special. And especially a 21st birthday for a guy. He can finally do a lot of things (legally) that he could not. It is his day of being all grown up and proclaiming this to the world. So making this day special for him is like a responsibility for his friends. Here, you’ll get some ideas to make your buddy’s 21st birthday a day to remember! What we’re going to do is, go step by step in planning the entire birthday party, so that you have a solid outline chalked out. Right from the party themes, to the food that can make the party a hit!
This is the first step in deciding how the party is going to take place. Even if you don’t have a specific theme, it’s fine, but it’s just more fun when you have one. And that’s really what a party is all about, isn’t it? You can choose one from the following:
- 21 – The Movie
- Beer Fest (don’t drive back home after this one)
- A popular video game
- Football or a sport that all of you enjoy
- A specific country
Use any of these themes for his birthday and make sure that everyone follows it, because the rest of the party is also planned accordingly.
Once you’ve decided on the theme, you can begin with the rest of the planning very quickly. The first thing to plan is the invitations. This is a no-brainier. It’s obvious that you must go for invitations according to the theme. It is a little extra effort to make your own birthday invitations, but trust me, it will be worth the effort. Make them, and distribute them among all his friends well in advance, so that they have time to prepare according to the theme of the party.
Food is another important part of planning the birthday party. Food encompasses the main course you’ll be serving, and of course the birthday cake! Here are some ideas that you can try out.
Now let’s move on to the birthday presents. There is such a wide range of gift ideas, that you’ll get thoroughly confused.
- Personalized Gifts: Photo albums, scrapbook, beer or coffee mug, key ring, hip flask, etc.
- Gadgets: Boys are always happy with some electronic gadgets. Get him the latest cell phone that he’s wanted, or some great PSP games, or a PSP if he does not already have one. Car accessories are another good option.
- Letters: Get all the friends attending the party to write down birthday messages for the birthday boy. Compile a book of these, get it printed and bound, throw in a couple of self prepared, ridiculous birthday poems in it, and have the birthday boy read them out at his party.
So, that outline should help you plan out a blast for your buddy! Have fun but stay safe. Make a night out of it, so that you don’t have to drive back home all sleepy and groggy! Have a great party!